– I ❤ to share the love of Jesus every where I go in the best way I can. 👑🕇
– I reside in NJ – born & raised – of Puerto Rican descent. 80’s baby!
– 💍 I’m married to my high school / college sweetheart. We attended Berkeley College & graduated the same year – ’09. Not too long before our son turned 2 yrs old, we felt it was best to go our separate ways & co-parent. In the midst of being broken up, we opened up our hearts to Jesus (individually). We even got baptized on the same day as we were both members of the same church. A few years later, God restored our family. #ToGodBeTheGlory – I’m so proud of the man he’s become & all that he’s been able to accomplish thus far. He has a heart for the youth & for the community. In 2013, he started a mentoring program called BMen & is the Author of A Second Chance. I have been blessed to be married to the man I first gave my heart to 16 years ago. 💑
– I always believed in God but never knew what it truly meant to have a personal relationship with Jesus until I made the decision to humbly accept Him into my heart in 2011. In 2012, I became intentional about honoring God with my body & made the decision to practice celibacy. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I remained celibate for 4 years until my wedding night. Outside of my religious beliefs, I believe every male & female should consider it. I recommend reading this awesome book that is filled with a lot of wisdom & a refreshing perspective called The Wait by DeVon Franklin & Meagan Good. 📚
– 💔 Before I got married, I was single for over a year. But before that, I was in a relationship with someone who I thought I’d spend the rest of my life with – of almost 4 years. Looking back, I realize I had placed him above God. I had been in relationships from the age of 16 so I never knew what it was like to be alone. About 2 years into the relationship, God had been tugging on my heart & revealing to me in so many different ways as to why it was best to end the relationship no matter how hard I knew it would be. Though I had been abstaining from sex for some time, partial obedience wasn’t cutting it. I thought I could “help” God because I just couldn’t see myself without him but God wanted me to let go & trust that His plans were far greater. I just couldn’t find the strength to follow through with it because I had be relying on my own strength rather than His. God had to wreck my plans before those plans wrecked me. Not too long after attempting to end the relationship several times, he ended up breaking up with me & moving on. He told me he couldn’t be the man of God he knew I desired. The consequences of my disobedience hurt like hell as it was a very draining & an emotionally traumatic breakup. I thank God everyday that He intervened & saved me from so much worst. Once that relationship ended, I made a vow to myself & God. I began going on dates to the movies, dinner, shopping, Barnes & Noble & etc – just me & Jesus. I finally began embracing my singleness & was content. I began to learn to truly love myself without needing any validation of a man, worked on the areas I knew needed changing & allowed God to heal me from the inside out. I took this time to be intentional about my relationship with God & honoring Him because I had enough trying to do things my way. It was a season I will never forget but will forever be grateful for. 🙌💡💖
– I have one sibling. We have the same social security # except the last two digits. Mine is 29 & hers is 30. I still don’t know how that happened. Crazy, right?!? My name is Jennifer & her name is Jessica. “Blah” names lol & no middle name to make matters worse. Lol But we never call each other by our names anyway – instead we say “sis” or “sister”. We have been blessed with awesome parents who have been married for over 31 yrs. My sister & I have a mentoring program called BYOUtiful for young females in our community that we started with a great friend of ours. 👭
– I ❤ to read & write. I have an appreciation for Christ-centered blogs. I have over 5 journals & a collection of books – enough to create my own little library at home. 📚💭✏
– I’m fascinated with a show called Intervention. Each episode demonstrates the different journeys each individual have experienced. I always gain a new perspective by the end of each episode. Lately, I’ve been hooked on The Good Doctor & This Is Us.📺
– 🎶 I enjoy listening to many different genres (contemporary gospel is my favorite). I ❤ dancing merengue, salsa & bachata. I enjoy listening to sermons, spoken word & attending different christian conferences & listening to old school jams.
Favorite Albums: Anthony Evans – Home (I actually met his dad, Pastor Tony Evans, in Texas when I went to visit his church while being on a job training trip several years ago) & Lauren Daigle – How Can It Be
Favorite Songs: Casey J – Fill Me Up, Briana Babineaux – Jacob’s Song, Bethel Music – Ever Be (I walked down the aisle to this song), Anthony Brown – Worth It (first dance as Mr & Mrs), Kirk Franklin – Give me (I must’ve played this song for months on repeat as I would head to work every morning), Tye Tribbett – What Can I Do, Marcela Gandara – Supe Que Me Amabas , Christ for the Nations –Consuming Fire – the list goes on … too many to name!! 🎶🎤
– My husband & I waited until the day of my delivery to find out the gender of our baby. His name is Jacob 👣. We’ve learned to trust in God’s plans & the will He has over our lives on this journey. He hasn’t failed us thus far & I know He never will. One of the things that we felt would be memorable to do is not find out the gender & see what precious gift God had chosen to bless us with. 💑👦🍼
** Wowzerz!! That was a lot of info … lol… but I love to be transparent in hopes of blessing someone by sharing what God has done in my life.Thanks so much for stopping by. Blessings! – XO ** 🌻